Drat. We have worked hard on getting our lawn looking good. We have delighted at the vast population of earthworms we benefit from. Nice lawn + earthworms = heaven for moles. Our neighbour says a shotgun is the only way, I think we’re happier using the phone book and calling someone in.
Welcome to The Modern Gardener blogWe love gardens, and we love modern architecture and design. This blog is a loose collection of experiences and observations as we explore those passions. Occasionally we give tips and advice based on our own experience - please use these only in addition to advice from books and professionals. And do always comment back with your own experience as it helps us and other readers!
- Orchid care: cutting the flower spike
- Progress in the raised bed vegetable garden
- Pruning a mature apple or pear tree
- The economics of vegetable gardening
- Gooseberry mildew
- Kitchen garden economics for all
- Harvesting sweet corn
- Making raised beds for our vegetable garden
- The Obama White House Vegetable Garden
- Very strange to have a second flush of strawberries in autumn. Anyone else experiencing extreme extended or second season in the veg patch? 3 years ago
- First 2011 sowings and very late parsnips https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/first-2011-sowings-and-some-very-late-parsnips 3 years ago
- First harvest of 2010: radishes https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/05/01/first-harvest-of-2010-radishes/ 4 years ago
- Mulching gooseberry and currant bushes https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/04/10/mulching-gooseberry-and-currant-bushes/ 4 years ago
- Can daffodils ever be modern? https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/04/05/can-daffodils-ever-be-modern/ 4 years ago