This is my first attempt at posting to the blog from my iPhone. This morning I snapped this photo from the train on my way into London: a large patch of hillside next to the tracks that is totally covered with daffodils.
Daffodils aren’t my exactly my first choice flower, but when you see that a local community has brightened up a dreary patch of land next to the train tracks near Croydon, it’s pretty special. The camera phone photo doesn’t do it justice, this is pretty good guerilla gardening.
Welcome to The Modern Gardener blogWe love gardens, and we love modern architecture and design. This blog is a loose collection of experiences and observations as we explore those passions. Occasionally we give tips and advice based on our own experience - please use these only in addition to advice from books and professionals. And do always comment back with your own experience as it helps us and other readers!
- Very strange to have a second flush of strawberries in autumn. Anyone else experiencing extreme extended or second season in the veg patch? 5 years ago
- First 2011 sowings and very late parsnips https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/first-2011-sowings-and-some-very-late-parsnips 6 years ago
- First harvest of 2010: radishes https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/05/01/first-harvest-of-2010-radishes/ 7 years ago
- Mulching gooseberry and currant bushes https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/04/10/mulching-gooseberry-and-currant-bushes/ 7 years ago
- Can daffodils ever be modern? https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/04/05/can-daffodils-ever-be-modern/ 7 years ago