I’ve just picked up on the Szpilman Award, a competition in Germany of ephemeral works. I love Giorgina Choueiri’s potato piece. She transforms people into potatoes. The potato heads grow, sprout, and decay. I would love to see a photo of this after a few more weeks.
Welcome to The Modern Gardener blogWe love gardens, and we love modern architecture and design. This blog is a loose collection of experiences and observations as we explore those passions. Occasionally we give tips and advice based on our own experience - please use these only in addition to advice from books and professionals. And do always comment back with your own experience as it helps us and other readers!
- Orchid care: cutting the flower spike
- Progress in the raised bed vegetable garden
- Pruning a mature apple or pear tree
- Gooseberry mildew
- Hardening off & tomato sunburn
- Making raised beds for our vegetable garden
- Harvesting sweet corn
- Your ideas? Competition. Free prize!
- Chipper morning
- Companion planting carrots and leeks
- Very strange to have a second flush of strawberries in autumn. Anyone else experiencing extreme extended or second season in the veg patch? 4 years ago
- First 2011 sowings and very late parsnips https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/first-2011-sowings-and-some-very-late-parsnips 5 years ago
- First harvest of 2010: radishes https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/05/01/first-harvest-of-2010-radishes/ 6 years ago
- Mulching gooseberry and currant bushes https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/04/10/mulching-gooseberry-and-currant-bushes/ 6 years ago
- Can daffodils ever be modern? https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/04/05/can-daffodils-ever-be-modern/ 6 years ago