The gals at el&abe have created beautiful moss art that slots somewhere in the very small patch between nature and urbanity. This moss ‘graffiti’ manages to be arrestingly beautiful and thought-provoking. I just love it.
Welcome to The Modern Gardener blogWe love gardens, and we love modern architecture and design. This blog is a loose collection of experiences and observations as we explore those passions. Occasionally we give tips and advice based on our own experience - please use these only in addition to advice from books and professionals. And do always comment back with your own experience as it helps us and other readers!
- Orchid care: cutting the flower spike
- Pruning a mature apple or pear tree
- Progress in the raised bed vegetable garden
- Two new modern pots
- Your ideas? Competition. Free prize!
- Hardening off & tomato sunburn
- Making raised beds for our vegetable garden
- Gooseberry mildew
- Potato Art
- New year, bigger vegetable garden
- Very strange to have a second flush of strawberries in autumn. Anyone else experiencing extreme extended or second season in the veg patch? 3 years ago
- First 2011 sowings and very late parsnips https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/first-2011-sowings-and-some-very-late-parsnips 4 years ago
- First harvest of 2010: radishes https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/05/01/first-harvest-of-2010-radishes/ 5 years ago
- Mulching gooseberry and currant bushes https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/04/10/mulching-gooseberry-and-currant-bushes/ 5 years ago
- Can daffodils ever be modern? https://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/04/05/can-daffodils-ever-be-modern/ 5 years ago