I was walking from a meeting to a London Underground station this afternoon, and just as I passed the Ritz I spotted this bit of guerrilla gardening. Made me smile!
Welcome to The Modern Gardener blogWe love gardens, and we love modern architecture and design. This blog is a loose collection of experiences and observations as we explore those passions. Occasionally we give tips and advice based on our own experience - please use these only in addition to advice from books and professionals. And do always comment back with your own experience as it helps us and other readers!
- Orchid care: cutting the flower spike
- Progress in the raised bed vegetable garden
- Pruning a mature apple or pear tree
- Gooseberry mildew
- Hardening off & tomato sunburn
- Moss graffiti art
- First potato harvest
- Making raised beds for our vegetable garden
- Companion planting carrots and leeks
- Your ideas? Competition. Free prize!
- Very strange to have a second flush of strawberries in autumn. Anyone else experiencing extreme extended or second season in the veg patch? 1 year ago
- First 2011 sowings and very late parsnips http://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/first-2011-sowings-and-some-very-late-parsnips 2 years ago
- First harvest of 2010: radishes http://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/05/01/first-harvest-of-2010-radishes/ 3 years ago
- Mulching gooseberry and currant bushes http://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/04/10/mulching-gooseberry-and-currant-bushes/ 3 years ago
- Can daffodils ever be modern? http://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/04/05/can-daffodils-ever-be-modern/ 3 years ago