RB and I were delighted to finally find two pots we love for which we have had our eyes peeled for months. The first is for three giant phalaenopsis orchids, and the second is for the Acer palmatum ‘beni kawa’ we received as a house-warming gift (thanks mom and Richard!). The pots were found at the amazing Absolute Flowers in Maida Vale, and at £60/£100 were relatively reasonable compared to their other gorgeous but pricey merchandise.
Welcome to The Modern Gardener blogWe love gardens, and we love modern architecture and design. This blog is a loose collection of experiences and observations as we explore those passions. Occasionally we give tips and advice based on our own experience - please use these only in addition to advice from books and professionals. And do always comment back with your own experience as it helps us and other readers!
- Orchid care: cutting the flower spike
- Progress in the raised bed vegetable garden
- Making raised beds for our vegetable garden
- Companion planting carrots and leeks
- Vertical gardens: DIY panels
- Tiny tip no. 1
- The War on Terra
- Winter flower arrangement: dried hydrangeas
- Pruning a mature apple or pear tree
- Very strange to have a second flush of strawberries in autumn. Anyone else experiencing extreme extended or second season in the veg patch? 2 years ago
- First 2011 sowings and very late parsnips http://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/first-2011-sowings-and-some-very-late-parsnips 2 years ago
- First harvest of 2010: radishes http://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/05/01/first-harvest-of-2010-radishes/ 3 years ago
- Mulching gooseberry and currant bushes http://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/04/10/mulching-gooseberry-and-currant-bushes/ 3 years ago
- Can daffodils ever be modern? http://themoderngardener.wordpress.com/2010/04/05/can-daffodils-ever-be-modern/ 3 years ago